Family Welfare Visitors’ Training Institutes (FWVTIs)
FWVTIs are located at Division/District level. FWVTIs provide mainly paramedic training to the service providers working at union level. Each FWVTI is headed by a Principal and assisted by one Lecturer (Medical), one Lecturer (Social Science), one Lecturer (Nurse-Midwifery), four Field Trainers and two Nurse-Midwives. Each FWVTI has a pool of resource persons, 02 classrooms, hostel with 50-60 seats, dining hall, auditorium, transport for field practice and space for games.
The major training programs conducted at FWVTIs are:
- Basic Training for Family Welfare Visitor (FWV) -18 months
- Induction Training for Sub-Assistant Community Medical Officer (SACMO) - 10 days
- Refresher Training for FWV & SACMO – 5 days
- Early Learning Childhood Development (ELCD) and Birth Registration & Child Rights (BRCR) Training for FWV & SACMO – 5 days
- Counseling, IUD & Infection Prevention Training for Assistant Family Welfare Officer (MCH-FP) & FWV – 5 days.